The Philippine National Kendo Tournament is the principal event of the United Kendo Federation of the Philippines. Once a year, hundreds of kendo practitioners fly in from different parts of the country to gather and participate in this tournament – a display of the top kendo players in the Philippines that determines the best kendo club in the country. Now on it’s 4th year, the Manila Kendo Club will be hosting the Nationals in the capital Metro Manila region this year in partnership with Eiko Budogu and sponsored by Geisha’s Blade, Hydro Flask, Komoro Japanese Dining, Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss, and KANDS Corporation. Here’s everything you need to know about the 4th Philippine National Kendo Tournament!
October 26-27, 2019
Celebrity Sports Plaza, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Tournament Fee for UKFP Members: Php 1,550 (includes October 26 lunch and Welcome Dinner)
- Tournament Fee for Non-UKFP Members: Php 2,000 (includes October 26 lunch and Welcome Dinner)
- Welcome Dinner only (will not be competing in the tournament): Php 650
NO ENTRANCE FEES – friends, family, and anyone who wants to come and watch the tournament is welcome (for free)! And if your loved ones can’t make it, don’t worry as we will be providing live broadcast of the tournament through our social media pages. 🙂
The member clubs of the UKFP (or non-member clubs that have been specifically invited) shall be in charge of registering their members for the event. Individual registration will not be allowed. Unaffiliated individuals will have to register with a sponsoring UKFP Member Club in order to join the event. Please get in touch with the respective club Officers-in-Charge (OIC) for registration:
- Manila Kendo Club: Sam Cruz
- IGA Kendo Club: Kutch Inting
- Davao Kendo Club: Robert Carabuena
- Cebu Kendo Club: Mike Logarta
- Iloilo Kendo Club: Ryan Gomez
- Dumaguete Kendo Club: Hendritz Lezama
- OISCA (Negros) Kendo Club: Jowash Saballero
Registration and payments will be closed by September 13, 2019.
- Men’s and Women’s Individuals
- Team Events:
- 3-Women Team
- 3-Man Team (for kyu rank holders only)
- 5-Man Team
* Detailed division qualifications, rules and regulations uploaded in this link, otherwise kindly reach out to your club OIC’s for questions and concerns.
Tournament Area and Layout:
Celebrity Sports Plaza – Basketball Court
Where: Mahogany A&B Function Room, Celebrity Sports Plaza, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
When: October 26, 8pm-12mn
Meal Type: Buffet
The official 4th Philippine National Kendo Tournament t-shirt will be available via pre-order only and will be distributed to the OIC’s during event registration. Please contact your club OIC’s if you are interested to purchase the shirt. Orders and payments will be closed by September 8, and will not be available for purchase afterwards.
We will be releasing a list of nearby hotels through your club OIC’s soon. Please get in touch with your club OIC’s for questions or concerns, or feel free to contact the 4th PNKT planning heads: Sam Cruz and Chenney Navarro. See you at the tournament!